Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Piles of Magazines and Clippings

One of the things I have difficulty parting with are magazines. There's so much good stuff in them, especially recipes. I've been working on a cookbook forever, and I enjoy looking for new dish ideas. The trouble is, the cookbook is just a side dish, so to speak, in my life. Whimsmoore.com, my toy business, keeps me very busy. So the magazines pile up. When I do take the time to look at them and clip out the recipes that appeal to me, I'm adding to an already big pile of clippings. When am I ever going to have the time to study all of them? Clearly I am not being rational about this long-time habit of mine.

The first step I've taken is to cancel all of my magazine subscriptions. That way I won't be tempted. The second step I've begun is to scan the clippings I have into my computer, organizing them by category. If I still have a pile of recipes and/or a pile of magazines by June 8th, I will throw them out. I'm asking you to hold me to that promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment